The Early School Leavers Transition program is designed to support students ages 16-24, who are out of school as they work to complete their high school equivalency (GED or HiSET).
Students participating in youth programs with Parkland Adult Education Department will be enrolled in high school equivalency prep courses and participate in career exploration. Students will also engage in work-site learning experience, gain job skills through individualized mentorship and a collaborative cohort experience that includes the development of a career portfolio. The program also offers Parkland College Campus tours, shadow college classes and participate in WIOA programs and work-based learning programs that pay for class attendance.
What to Expect
Students enrolled in the program can expect to:
- Learn job seeking skills
- Gain skills for employment and prepare for the workforce
- Transition to college, career, and technical education programs
- Work on career exploration and development
Classes in preparing for the high school equivalency (GED or
The program will support students to identify career and educational goals, personal strengths, and areas for development; become familiar with career and college resources and services and explore strategies for academic success such as time and financial management and study skills.
Fall 2022: Dates Pending (August- December) *
Spring 2023: Dates Pending January- May
Enrollment for the school year will begin in July 2022
General Program Guidelines
- Students in Youth Programs must be enrolled in and meet requirements for Parkland adult education HSE prep classes
- Ages 16-24 and out of school
- Complete Youth Programs Orientation (to be scheduled with program manager)
- Orientation includes assessment testing in reading and math
- Services are available in-person and virtually by request
- Classes meet weekly in Fall and Spring Semesters.
Interested? How to Get Started
Contact our office to register for an orientation appointment or to learn more about our program.
Fill out an online contact form by clicking here. (https://forms.office.com/r/3SZLaFD4sv)