While the majority of our team is working remotely, we can be reached by email firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone 217/351-2235 throughout the workday, and our office is open to the public Monday-Friday, 10 AM-2 PM, except College Holidays.
Keeping you Safe!
Parkland College is committed to providing a safe learning environment while following local guidelines.
Your safe campus includes the following for individuals and campus staff:
- Completing a self-assessment prior to each visit to campus
- Wearing a face covering in any college building, including offices, classrooms, and labs
- Maintaining a social distance of six feet
- Washing and sanitizing hands frequently
- Cleaning and sanitizing classrooms and high-touch areas
- Providing self-assessment information to those registered via email
Find more information HERE.
Our Highway Construction Careers Training Program helps increase the number of minorities, women, and disadvantaged individuals working on IDOT highway construction projects.
Training consists of an intensive 14-week program to learn the skills necessary for acceptance into the highway construction trades and the opportunity for a career with high wage-earning potential.
The training includes the following and more:
- Math for the trades
- Introduction to Electrical/Plumbing/Sheet Metal
- Job readiness
- Scaffolding Erection
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Introduction to Welding
- Technical Skills Coursework
- Skid Steer
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Backhoe/End Loader
- HAZ MAT Handling
- Crane Safety and Rigging
- Aerial Lift and Scissor Lift
- Crane Signaling
- Flagger Certification
- Fork Lift and Extended Reach Fork Lift