Parkland Board of Trustees Prepares for Fall 2022
Board of Trustees General Meeting, July 20
At their regular meeting Wednesday, the Parkland College Board of Trustees prepared for the fall 2022 semester with strategic purchases, a tentative budget review, and more.
First, Dr. Ramage presented his report to the board. Next, trustees heard from Dean of Enrollment Management Kristin Smigielski, who provided end-of-semester enrollment data for spring 2022, as well as summer 2022 census date enrollment data.
The board voted to re-submit a new capital improvement project under the Resource Allocation Management Program (RAMP), a State of Illinois funding program. The Physical Sciences Training Center would include the latest technology, new chemistry and biology laboratories, study and office spaces, and classrooms to accommodate growth in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and health professions programs.
Finally, the board reviewed the tentative budget for fiscal year 2023, which will be made public in the News-Gazette prior to final approval at the board's regular September meeting.
In other business, trustees approved:
- the purchase of:
- 2022 Ford SUV Police Hybrid Interceptor Package vehicle from Morrow Brothers Ford Inc., $40,085
- used portable x-ray unit from Medical Surplus Management, $87,500
- furniture from Krueger International, $60,000
- the filing of the following grant applications:
- Education Systems Center at NIU (EdSystems): Community Colleges & Early Adopters of College & Career Pathway Endorsements
- Department of Labor—Employment and Training Administration (DOL-ETA): Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants—Access to Training Opportunities in Manufacturing and Technology (ATOMAT)
- Local Workforce Development Board 17—LWIA 17 Youth Committee: WIOA Youth Programming
- Illinois Community College Board (ICCB): Adult Education & Family Literacy Activities (AEFLA)
- Illinois Community College Board (ICCB): Adult Education & Literacy—Integrated English Language and Civics Education (IELCE)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA): Aviation Workforce Development Grants - Aircraft Pilots
- Illinois Community College Board (ICCB): Apprenticeship Grant: Customized Apprenticeship Programming—Information Technology (CAP-IT) (DOL-ETA, Year 4 funding)
- Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA): FEMA Public Assistance Program (App. #3)
- the acceptance of funds from external sources:
- Illinois State Historical Records Advisory Board (ISHRAB): Historical Records Grant Program
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC): Center for Global Studies: International Studies Research Lab Fellowship (3 honorariums)
- Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA): FEMA Public Assistance Program (App. #1—140127) (additional funds awarded retroactively for newly-eligible costs)
- personnel appointments:
- Ahmad Muhammad, Custodian, Physical Plant
- Curtis Bibb, Custodian, Physical Plant
- Lindsay Flessner, Financial Aid Assistant, Financial Aid
- Sidney Megeff, Admin. Assistant, Student Life
- Jeremy Jang, Physics Instructor, Natural Sciences
- Aubrey Glennon, Flight Instructor, Aviation