Parkland College's Board of Trustees heard an update from administration and approved purchases at their regular meeting Wednesday.
Following an update from President Ramage, the board heard from Joshua Birky, president of the Parkland College Association. Afterward, Matthew Kopmann, chief of police and director of Public Safety, provided a presentation to the board regarding the college's police department.
In other business, trustees approved:
- the purchase of:
- a used 2004 40' Timpte ag hopper trailer, $30,000
- furniture from Krueger International, $21,925
- the filing of the following grant applications:
- Illinois Arts Council Agency (IACA): FY22 Summer Youth Employment in The Arts Grant
- the acceptance of funds from external sources:
- Illinois Community College Board (ICCB): Workforce Equity Initiative (WEI)
- Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN): Renewable Energy Resources Trust Fund (IEPA funding)—General Membership Award
- personnel appointments:
- Anthony Silkwood, Interim Baseball Head Coach, Fitness Center and Athletic Facilities Director, Athletics
- Jennifer Durst, Nursing Faculty, Health Professions
- Chinyin Chou, Nursing Faculty, Health Professions
- Peter Nelson, Flight Instructor, Aviation