Please read President Ramage's announcement regarding additional measures the college is taking in response to the concern regarding COVID-19.
We have successfully implemented the social distancing practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local public health officials to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are rapidly transitioning courses to an online format where possible, have shifted the vast majority of employees offsite, and are evaluating the impact this will have on the remainder of the semester.
Our goal, unequivocally, is to support students in reaching their educational goals. Students, we want to support your successful completion of the semester so that you might move to the next step in your educational or occupational journey. Faculty and staff, we want to provide a level of predictability that will help us see this semester to successful completion.
In order to support these goals, we have made the following determinations regarding the remainder of the semester:
• Parkland will be able to successfully support online learning and will remain open for the duration of this health crisis.
• In-person instruction will be suspended for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester and the college will instead utilize online and alternative delivery methods.
• Instruction will resume following the extended spring break on March 30. Students should continue to check their Parkland email account regularly for instructions on how to transition to an online learning format and access campus services.
• College leadership has not yet made a determination regarding Commencement and other end-of-year activities. A decision on these activities is forthcoming.
• All other previously scheduled events for the semester, including student and community organizations, are cancelled with the exception of today's polling location on campus.
Please know that Parkland leadership is committed to supporting your success through these unforeseen circumstances. While we anticipate these updates will prompt more questions about the coming months, we will stay in communication with you as new information becomes available. Our campus community's resiliency in the face of adversity is inspiring.
President, Parkland College