Home  :  Admissions & Records  :  Transfer requirements  

Transfer Requirements

Counselors and advisors are available to assist students with the transfer process. We have the most current information for specific programs at Illinois colleges and universities. For more information call the Counseling and Advising Center at 217/351-2219 or stop by room A251.

The Illinois Articulation Initiative's iTransfer site also offers online transfer information.

Illinois Articulation Initiative iTransfer

Transferring to Parkland
By state law, Parkland is required to review your previous academic record prior to admission to an Associate of Arts, Associate of Sciences, Associate of Fine Arts, or Associate of Engineering Sciences degree. This requirement may be met if you have earned 15 hours of acceptable college-level course work or you have satisfied the requirements through high school course work. You will be either fully admitted to your program or you will be admitted with provisional status.

Transferring from Parkland
A transfer program of study prepares you to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelors degree.

If you are planning to transfer to a four-year institution, please inform your counselor or advisor as soon as possible. We will assist you in selecting the appropriate courses and in obtaining more information about the college/university of your choice. You will need to take a set of core courses considered an essential foundation for a well-rounded education. This core consists of 12 or 13 courses or 37 to 41 credits. It is best if you complete these courses before you transfer.

© Parkland College
2400 West Bradley Ave | Champaign, IL 61821 | 217.351.2200 | 800.346.8089
The Mission of Parkland College is to engage the community in learning.