Residency Matters!
Home  :  Admissions & Records  :  Residency  
If you live outside of Parkland College District 505, OR you recently moved to the district for educational purposes only, this classifies you as an out-of-district student—which could affect your college expenses.
Tuition and Fees
Out-of-district and out-of-state/international students pay additional tuition charges which help compensate for the lack of local educational funding the college receives for these students.
Current Parkland hourly tuition & fees:
  • In Parkland district 505: $164.00 base per credit hour
  • Out-of-district Illinois residents: $370.00 per credit hour
  • Out-of-state/international: $529.00 per credit hour
> For more information click for Tuition & Fees or call 217/351/2482.

Financial Aid

Federal and state financial aid will not fully cover your expenses to attend Parkland (housing, books, etc.). Determine what your remaining out-of-pocket costs will be before you enroll. If you have not yet applied for financial aid, please do so right away, at Parkland federal school code: 007118.
> For more information click to visit our Financial Aid web site or call 217/351-2222..
We recommend that you do not sign a lease until you have taken your Parkland student assessment tests, confirmed your residency status, and received a class schedule. You may incur financial penalties if you have to break your lease.
Parkland does not provide housing; however, out-of-district students choose from many rental properties in the surrounding area. Click to search area housing.
> For more information call 217/351/2492.
Assessment tests
Most new students have to take placement tests in reading, writing, and Math.
These tests may take several hours to complete, therefore, you will not be able to complete assessments, participate in student orientation (SOAR), and register for classes within the same day.
Please take these tests seriously and do your best by preparing for them in advance. Click for study materials and sample questions  in the Assessment Center. If you do not put forth your best effort, your placement results may not accurately reflect your true ability and you will end up taking and paying for courses that are below your actual level of competence.
> For more information click to visit our Assessment Center web site or call 217/351-2432.
If you have questions call Admissions at 217/351-2482.

Are you a District 505 resident?
A resident of District 505 has established a permanent residence in the district at least 30 days prior to initial registration and shows evidence of continuing intent to remain in the district for other than educational purposes.

Out-of- District Notice:
If you have recently graduated from a high school outside of District 505, under most circumstances, you will not have resident status. You will pay Out-of-District tuition to attend Parkland College. Moving to the Parkland College district does not ensure in-district status.

Please see our Steps to Becoming an In-District Resident if you wish to change your residency status to that of a district 505 resident.

More information on residence classification is available from the Office of Admissions and Records (Room U214). Call 217/351-2482.

New students will NOT be able to complete registration steps in ONE DAY.       Please plan accordingly.

© Parkland College
2400 West Bradley Ave | Champaign, IL 61821 | 217.351.2200 | 888.467.6065
The Mission of Parkland College is to engage the community in learning.