Home  :  Admissions & Records  :  Changing Your Major  

Changing Your Major

To change your program or major you must meet with a counselor or advisor and submit a completed Program Code Change form to the admissions office.  Counseling & Advising information.

For the change to be effective in the current term, the form must be submitted to the admissions office no later than the 10th class day (census day) of the current term. Changes submitted after the 10th day will be made effective in the next term.
  • If you are a financial aid recipient, check with the financial aid office before you change programs to find out whether there are financial consequences. (In most cases, course enrollees are not eligible for financial aid.)
  • If you are receiving veterans' benefits, inform the financial aid office (U286) of the change in program.
  • If you are attending Parkland under a cooperative agreement or a chargeback agreement, you will want to check with your local college before making a change.
Students who are course‑enrollees and want to become degree‑seeking, must complete a new application and the student enrollment process. Click for our Steps to Apply.


© Parkland College
2400 West Bradley Ave | Champaign, IL 61821 | 217.351.2200 | 888.467.6065
The Mission of Parkland College is to engage the community in learning.