Exemplary Dual Credit High School Recognition
Over the past few years we have recognized a number of schools as “Exemplary Dual Credit High Schools”. We want to acknowledge those high schools that have exceeded the minimal expectations of a high school offering dual credit classes to their students:
- St. Joseph-Ogden High School
- Tuscola High School
- Fisher High School
- LeRoy High School
- Heritage High School
- High School of St. Thomas More
- Prairie Central High School
- Ridgeview High School
- Unity High School
- Villa Grove High School
- Centennial High School
- Gibson City Melvin Sibley High School
- Judah Cristian High School
- Paxton-Buckley-Loda High School
- Rantoul Township High School
Although we always had a general idea of what an “exemplary” school would look like we never actually documented the criteria. We will formalize the criteria for this recognition. At the present time we are considering the following to be included:
- Number of dual credit courses offered at the high school.
- Number of students enrolled in dual credit classes both on and off the high school campus.
- Commitment to dual credit.
- Balance of the dual credit program (between CTE and Baccalaureate courses, etc.).
- How well is dual credit a part of the high school “culture”.
- How well does the school recruit students into dual credit classes.
- How well does the school work with the dual credit office at Parkland College.
This initial list is not finalized and is in no order of importance.
If you have other criteria you think we should include or think some we’ve listed should not be included email us