How to register for cLASSES

Registration Information

Two types of students register for courses at Parkland College: those pursuing a degree or certificate (degree-seeking) and those just wanting to take a class or two (non-degree-seeking). 

  • Non-degree-seeking students must have proof that they have met prerequisites prior to registration. If you need help with that process, please contact or call 217/351-2482. NOTE: Are you a current University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) student wishing also to take a course or two at Parkland? Please follow the instructions for UIUC concurrent enrollees.
  • Degree-seeking students must have completed 30 credit hours at Parkland College before they can self-advise.  Please visit Counseling Services to make an appointment.

Please check our academic calendar for registration and due dates by semester.

How to Register

  1. Log in to
  2. Go to Web Advisor for Students.
  3. Click on Registration.
  4. Choose Student Planning link.
  5. Under Student Planning, click Course Catalog from the navigation pane at the top.
  6. Select the subject area you wish to take by scrolling down the page.
  7. On the left side, select the term in which you would like to take the class.
  8. Scroll down to the class and section you would like to take and select it. Class sections may be labeled as online (W), hybrid (H), flexible (F), or online synchronous (V), depending on the instructional mode for the course. For details on instructional modes, visit
  9. Click Add Course to Plan in the blue circle on the right side.
  10. Choose Student Planning link and go to the Plan and Schedule tab, and advance the calendar to the term you want to register.
  11. Click the Register Now button on the upper right corner and wait for the system to process. Once the system has processed:
  12. The system will show your registration status:
    Green=you are registered; Red=the section is closed; Yellow=you aren't able to register for this section.  Please check with your academic advisor for help.

Call 217/351-2482 or email for further assistance.