Home  :  Student Services  :  Veterans Center  :  VA programs  

VA programs

Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
Survivor/Dependent Benefits (Chapter 35)
Veterans Benefits (Chapter 30-106)

Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)

Tuition Information
All servicemembers and their dependents (if U.S. citizens) who are stationed and living within the college district are authorized to attend Parkland and pay tuition and fees at the in-district rate.

•    Military Voluntary Education Tuition Assistance program (Federal Tuition Assistance) - Active Duty military and Reservists may be eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance.  Call the Business Office at 217/351-2233 for more information.

•    Tuition deferments - Tuition deferments are available on a case-by-case basis.  The individual requesting the deferment must indicate their military or veteran status and explain their need for the deferment to Parkland’s Controller if they are using Chapter 1606, Chapter 1607, Chapter 30, or Chapter 35 GI Bill Benefits. Call the Business Office at 217/351-2233 for more information.  If they are using Chapter 31 or Chapter 33 GI Bill Benefits or IVG, ING, or the MIA/POW Scholarship, they should contact Kristina Taylor, Veterans Coordinator at ktaylor@parkland.edu.

•    Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) - The Department of Defense’s expanded Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts program is offering up to $4,000 to military spouses who are interested in pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials leading to careers in high-growth, high-demand portable career fields. MyCAA financial assistance pays for expenses such as post-secondary education and training, tuition, licensing, and credentialing fees. Spouses of active duty members and activated members of the National Guard and Reserve components are eligible. Eligible spouses who are ready to explore portable careers options and develop a career goal and plan should establish a MyCAA at the MyCAA website. Once spouse profile information is provided, DOD will verify MyCAA eligibility through DEERS. The spouse and Parkland will be notified of eligibility status through the MyCAA messaging system. Call the Parkland Business Office at 217/351-2233 for more information.

Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) Registration
Classes are offered in cooperation with the University of Illinois and its three ROTC detachments (Air Force, Army, and Navy). Students register with Parkland College, but instruction is conducted at the university’s Armory. Upon completion of the first- and second-year courses, the student may be qualified to enter the third- and fourth-year Professional Officer program. See credit courses for course information.
Students who enroll in first- and second-year ROTC classes while attending Parkland College and transfer the following semester to an Illinois college or university and commit to the third- and fourth-year Air Force, Army, or Naval ROTC program, are eligible to apply for one of three Illinois State ROTC Community College Transfer Scholarships. See the associate director of admissions and records in room U214 for additional information.

© Parkland College
2400 West Bradley Ave | Champaign, IL 61821 | 217.351.2200 | 888.467.6065
The Mission of Parkland College is to engage the community in learning.