Step 1: Meet with Advisor and bring your forms:
Get started by meeting with a Parkland Financial Aid advisor, submitting all required Veterans’ Education Benefit forms, which may include:
• VA form 22-1990; Application for Education Benefits at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
• The member 4 copy of your DD 214
• Reservists: A copy of your DD 2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), issued from your military unit.
• VA form 22-5490; Dependent Application for Education Benefits (Ch. 35) at
• If you have already applied for the benefit, bring in a copy of your eligibility letter.
• The Parkland College Initial Certification Request form
Step 2: Apply for Federal/State Financial Aid
Fill out and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
to determine your eligibility for financial aid programs (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
). Federal Student Aid and the GI Bill™ are completely separate; assistance from one does not affect the other.