We are here to assist qualified students navigate college by helping to build the academic skills to successfully transfer to a 4-year college or university.
Qualified students can experience the benefits of our FREE individual tutoring, cultural activities, college tours, equipment lending program, skill building workshops, leadership opportunities, peer mentoring and a dedicated area for studying or tutoring.
Our FREE services include:
- Individualized tutoring in many of your courses
- Workshops for building academic and personal development skills
- Advice and assistance in postsecondary course selection
- Multipurpose room for studying or tutoring, computer access with free limited printing, and reference books
- Academic Coaches to assist with academic courses and learning enrichment
- Financial literacy: counseling on types of financial aid, budgeting and assistance with FAFSA completion
- Equipment lending program comprised of laptop computers, graphing calculators, micro cassette recorders, USB drive and print cards
- College visits to four-year universities
- Cultural & social activities including plays, museums, dance performances, recreation, and fellowship
- TRiO Scholarship
Student Eligibility Requirements:
Parkland student must be enrolled full-time in a transfer program and demonstrate academic need for support services as determined by placement scores. Additionally, student must meet any of the following criteria for eligibility:
- First-generation college student (neither parent/guardian graduated from a 4-year college)
- Demonstrated financial need according to federal income guidelines (Pell Grant eligibility)
- Have a documented disability (registered with Office of Disability Services at Parkland College)
For more information, please contact Mary Catherine Denmark at 217/353-2267 or stop by A244.