F-1 Transferring

Computing in RL
Home  :  International  :  F-1 Transferring  
F-1 students who wish to transfer to Parkland College should submit the following documents to International Admissions office. Contact us: 217/351-2890,  email us or come to room U233.

1.    International Student Application
Send the completed, signed, application to Parkland College as a pdf attached to email. The original document will be required once you are on campus.
2.    Educational documents showing proof of the equivalent of U.S. high school or bachelor degree completion.
Copies of transcripts in original language with certified English translations, and copies of external exam certificates of ALL institutions attended (high school/secondary and post-secondary).
Official transcripts are received by Parkland College directly from the sending institution.  Transcripts from the student or agency are not official and will not be accepted.

3.    A recent, official bank statement or letter showing sufficient funds for at least one year of study ($24670). This document may also be sent as a pdf attachment to email.  The original document is required when you arrive on campus. The account holder name on the bank statement must match the name of your sponsor as listed on the signed financial certification form, or in a signed, original sponsor letter. The statement must also be written in English or accompanied by a certified English translation. 
4.   An official TOEFL or IELTS score (optional)
The minimum TOEFL score needed to take academic course work is 61 (internet-based).  The minimum IELTS score is 6. Scores must be no more than two years old at the time of application.  If you do not have a TOEFL or IELTS score, you will need to take an ESL placement test upon your arrival to Parkland.  The results of that test will determine if you are ready for academic courses, or if you will need to enroll in English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.

5.    Copies of your passport identification page

6.    Copies of your visa page, I-94 document, and I-20 from your current institution.  The I-94 document is available at  https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

Once International Admissions receives all required documents, we will send the admission letter to you; at that time you can ask your current institution to transfer your SEVIS record to Parkland.  Parkland will issue a new “continued attendance” I-20 when you are registered for full-time course work.


© Parkland College
2400 West Bradley Ave | Champaign, IL 61821 | 217.351.2200 | 888.467.6065
The Mission of Parkland College is to engage the community in learning.