Financial Assistance

Adult Re-entry Center
Home  :  Adult Re-entry Center  :  Financial Assistance  
How you CAN afford to go to College.

FAFSA—Financial Aid
This is a free government application to state and federal grant programs (free money), and loan programs (pay back after college). PLEASE APPLY!!! You may qualify for a grant program that will help with books and/or college expenses.

Private scholarship opportunities aren’t just for kids. Your employer, veteran or financial aid benefits may not be enough to cover all of your college costs. Click to view Parkland scholarships and search on a free national search engine at

Employer Benefits

Never assume that your employer doesn’t offer education benefits. Visit with your human resources or benefits representative about your benefits, and follow instructions exactly. Guesswork can cost you money. Employer benefits seldom extend to books and supplies; for this you should apply for FAFSA. Call Diane in our business office at 217/351-2420 for more information.

TRiO/Student Support Services Program
Did your parents go to college? If not, you are a first-generation college student, and you may be eligible for services through TRiO/Student Support Services. Support services help you graduate with a degree and transfer to a four-year university, while you explore college and career choices and develop your leadership skills. Call 217/353-2300 or click here for more information.

Perkins Grant
Are you enrolling in a career (A.A.S.) program? You may be eligible for assistance from the Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Grant. It provides financial assistance for course fees and supplies. Call Mindy at 217/351-2218 or email for information.

Meet Faces of Parkland

CAS's Larry Taylor

CAS's Larry Taylor
Title: Academic Advisor
Center for Academic Success


© Parkland College
2400 West Bradley Ave | Champaign, IL 61821 | 217.351.2200 | 888.467.6065
The Mission of Parkland College is to engage the community in learning.